Bellow you will find the instruction on how to apply the hot fix for SCORM player-Chrome issue.
Operation will take approximately 10-15 minutes depending of the number of servers in the SharePoint farm.
The hot fix requires IIS restart.
Please be aware, that the users, who take courses during maintenance, might be interrupted and have issues saving progress.
Steps to perform in LMS:
- Open ShareKnowledge
Administration -> 'Adjust System
system property to 'True'
- Change "UI.Player.LaunchUrlTemplate"
system property to
Steps to perform on each web front end server
in your SharePoint farm
- Download the fix files and extract
archive to the
local folder on the server
- Replace the following files in
their locations with the files from
archive. BACK UP original files
- ShareKnowledge.LearningComponents.Player.dll, located in the 'bin' folder of the ShareKnowledge IIS site i.e. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin.In case ShareKnowledge web application is extended, file needs to be replaced in each extension site
- scormplayer.js and versioncheck.js, located in the SharePoint hive folder.In case of SharePoint 2013 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ShareKnowledge\Scripts"In case of SharePoint 2016 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\16\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ShareKnowledge\Scripts"
- scorm.html, located in "TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ShareKnowledge" folder of SharePoint hive folder
Steps to perform the end user computers:
- Clear "Cached images and files" in
Google Chrome ("Time range" = "All
- After that, the SCORM player will ask
user to clear the browser cache and
refresh the page. Out of two only
refresh is need (e.g. press F5)